Following Bishop Brown's request, the Sisters rented a house in Hampden Street and a small Community moved in January 1852. The first Superior was M Elizabeth Jones
As well as setting up a boarding school, the Bishop asked the Sisters to take charge of the schools in Birkenhead. Bishop Brown Wrote in his diary:
During this year a filiation from Lingdale House was established in Birkenhead. The poor schools of the town were placed under the care of the Sisters, and an immediate increase in the numbers attending the schools, as well as a marked improvement amongst them, was most consoling and edifying.
Preparing for the Corpus Christie Procession at Holt Hill, 1940s
The first pupils started to arrive at Hampden street a week after the community arrived.